Sunday, September 30, 2012

Septembrew's Journey Part I

 It has been a few days now since I have written anything to appease the Beer or Movie Gods. But it doesn't mean that I haven't been busy drinking and watching away for the sake of brewers like you. So to start I would like to sum up a few brews and a few movies I watched. My time didn't allow for both so I hope you will forgive me. September was a month of suggestions for me, readers and friends threw many suggestions at us and I went to work getting to the bottom of the barrel and the film canister. Bill already covered our journey through the canyon that is Hell or High Watermelon...bottom of the canyon that is. I can't say anything that Bill didn't already cover. We had a great time trying it however we found a way to make something out of nothing. My favorite taste test came via a suggestion from a reader. Fearless Brewing out of our own backdoor of Estacada. The brew of choice for our trying was Scottish Ale. This is a malty caramel  beer with a slightly nutty and roasty flavor. It was a very pleasant experience one that will have me going back for more. I had the canned version of the beer but I am very excited to make the pilgrimage to Estacada to try the many other beers that they brew from the upper Clackamas (for those keeping tabs that's the good part) especially now that they have unleashed the Scottish Strong Ale last weekend upon the world so stay tuned we will see if we can get our hands on that. Let me mix it up by tossing in a movie to throw ya off.

Click to view trailer
  I recently sat down to watch the movie Ted (2012) Starring Seth MacFarlane, Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. A story about a boy who makes a wish on Christmas Eve that his teddy bear will come alive and be his best friend forever and ever. Well his wish it comes true and over time he becomes a local celebrity and eventually becomes a has been and blends right in to the world around him.Well like all good best friends they grow up and change and like life does it throws them curves. It's a great movie even if ya took the bear and turned him into a person. I don't really wanna give away more I laughed my ass off and really enjoyed myself. To be continued....I recently sat down to watch the movie Ted (2012) Starring Seth MacFarlane, Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. A story about a boy who makes a wish on Christmas Eve that his teddy bear will come alive and be his best friend forever and ever. Well his wish it comes true and over time he becomes a local celebrity and eventually becomes a has been and blends right in to the world around him.Well like all good best friends they grow up and change and like life does it throws them curves. It's a great movie even if ya took the bear and turned him into a person. I don't really wanna give away more I laughed my ass off and really enjoyed myself. To be continued....



No comments:

Post a Comment