Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Come Hell or High Watermelon? Door Number One, Please!

   
This last weekend I decided to go ahead and give 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon a try. I could easily sum it up in 4 words; DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. It is officially the worst beer I've ever tried.  The packaging is quite clever and artistic, promising something special. Special is one way to describe it. Maybe it's the fact they only sell it in the can (and on tap), I haven't liked too many canned beers I've tried. To be completely honest, I felt as though I was drinking a Budweiser with a slightly fruity aftertaste. If you are a Budweiser aficionado, you may enjoy it but this is one beer I won't be trying again.
      With that being said, I haven't given up on 21st Amendment brewing all together. I'm going to give some of their other beers a try. Maybe their Monk's Blood or Back in Black IPA. And I like the idea of a watermelon wheat, so I may have to try brewing some myself next summer.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment