Wednesday, September 05, 2012

An Introduction and a Cinema Breview By Ryan Lund

My name is Ryan Lund and I am a cinephile and beer lover. It is an honor to meet all of you. I would like to start things off by paying tribute to all things local...(kinda) by introducing a local brew and a local film ( I will be stretching this truth slightly). First and foremost we have the film, one of my true favorites The Maltese Falcon (1941) starring Humphery Bogart, Mary Astor, Sydney Greenstreet, and Peter Lorre. The film follows San Francisco detective Sam Spade ( Bogart) as he tries to work out a case involving three adventurers who are all in competition to gain ownership of a jewel covered falcon statue dating back to 1539. Not as heavy as some of Bogart's other films like Casablanca. One can really get lost in the excitement of the chase of this one. This gem of a film is to me as priceless as the statue our stars pursue. Now the film isn't local at all but I chose it cause of the long standing rumor that Bogart had a house here in Portland...I know I cheated and I am sorry but I can't take it back now. Now on to the brew perhaps my favorite beer brewed here locally at the Ram Brewery. Grab a half gallon growler and take it in to have them top it off for around 12 bucks. The sweet malty amber has the hint of caramel to it's finish and really hits the spot for any movie really so I kinda cheated again and picked a versatile beer but they are my favs so I can't change that. I hope you have enjoyed. This has been a Cinema Breview drink safe watch happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment