Friday, September 14, 2012

Super Awesome Fan Mail # 1 don't miss this!!!

Dear Cinema Brew

 I am curious can you find a beer that would go well with the movies E.T. and The Sandlot?
                                                                                          Good Luck
                                                                                         Special Kay

 Well Special Kay we accept the challenge. E.T. (1982) is a tough one as it is a family film about an alien left behind on Earth by his species. It's not long after meeting young Elliot that our beloved E.T. finds himself alone partaking of a brew brought to you by the Coors Company. Now it would be too easy to pick the beer our hero imbibes. So I sat on it while I thought about the beers gone by when I was struck by a memorable scene in which E.T. lays on the bathroom floor as pale as the tile underneath him, then it hit me...an IPA was the way to go. I am not the biggest fan of IPA's so I had to go with one that I liked and would drink again. The hoppy Ninkasi Triceahops Double IPA would work just fine.

 Now The Sandlot (1993), the heartwarming story of a bunch of 12 year olds on the edge of becoming teenagers but still holding on to the dreams of their youth as they spend their summers playing baseball at the local sandlot. Summers past leave their impressions don't they? So does this lovable movie...one of my favorites actually. My summers where like this when I was 12 and can relive those sweltering days of youth whenever I pop it in the DVD player. This one was easy, it had to be a seasonal summer ale and I have tried the Citra Blonde Summer Brew  and loved it, so there it is Special Kay, hope we helped out. Please feel free to submit anymore questions or even suggestions of your own. Is it beer o' clock yet?





No comments:

Post a Comment