Thursday, September 06, 2012

Breview of Horrible Bosses and A Working Man's( or Woman's) Beer

Hello,
  I'm Bill Bartlett, the other half of Cinema Brew. I've always been a lover of movies... And Beer.
The following is my first Official Breview.
  I stopped at Laurelwood Public House and Brewery last night on my way home from work. I found a nice quiet booth and ordered a Workhouse IPA. I grabbed my Smartphone to see what movies I had on it and what do you know, Horrible Bosses (2011). I'm going to attempt to breview this movie without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it.
Jason Bateman, yet again, astounds me with how funny he is, this time with the help of Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day. Then you add antagonists like Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell and Jennifer Aniston.
After nearly 2 hours of trying to laugh silently, I found myself hating Kevin Spacey because I almost believed he really was David Harken. I don't envy Nick Hendricks(Bateman) trying to move up in the ever competitive world of advertising with a sadistic boss like Harken always trying to keep him down.
  TORN is the only way I can describe how I felt watching Dale Arbus(Day) try to fend off his boss, Dr. Julia Harris(Aniston), who wants to sleep with him, even though he was engaged. The most seductive and immoral role I've ever seen Aniston. I'm glad I've never had a boss like her, I'm afraid I might have given in to her advances, she was HOT!
 Let's not leave out Kurt Buckman(Sudeikis). After his "good" boss, Jack Pellitt(Donald Sutherland) dies, Pellitt's son Bobby(Colin Farrell) takes over. The pot-bellied, comb-over sporting, cocaine addict new boss really makes Buckman's job a living hell.
  I fully understand why Nick, Dale and Kurt want their bosses dead. After talking with Motherfucker Jones(Jamie Foxx) a self proclaimed Murder Consultant, things really get out of hand, each planning to kill each other bosses. I'm going to leave it that, only saying that the outcome is pretty hilarious and everyone gets their "just desserts". Definitely a must see for fans of dark comedies.
   As for the beer, the bitterness of the hops blended with the citrus and pine undertones, Workforce IPA was the perfect beer to accompany Horrible Bosses.

1 comment:

  1. And on a side note, if you stop in at Laurelwood, give their Brewer's Burger and garlic fries a try!

    ReplyDelete