Monday, October 15, 2012

Septembrew's Journey Part II

September has ended, we are well into October and I am late in getting back to you all on the journey of the 9th month. September had me meandering around the world of beer to find brews that lay in "hiding". I believe I found a diamond in the rough, in the form of Mississippi Mud. Mississippi Mud is a hybrid of a porter and a pilsner brewed in the fashion of a 18th century English beer brewed by Mississippi Brewing Co. New York, United States. It is a dark color with a tan head. It is smooth and rich flavor that tastes of a well roasted coffee and caramel with a light aftertaste that fades gently away. The bottle design is a bit cheesy but at the same time, lends a certain atmosphere and gives the beer character that harkens to the good ole days of chugging from a clay jug. I will be drinking this charming beer again.

  Late in September I let my wonderful wife pick the movie for our movie night. So we sat down with our beer (I will get to that selection soon) to select the film...this particular evening we were gonna watch Bridesmaids (2011) starring Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, and Rose Byrne. This is a hilarious movie that follows the life of an out of work pastry chef  Annie played brilliantly by Kristen Wiig. Annie has a difficult time as her best friend Lillian played Maya Rudolph is getting married. Down on her luck Annie now feels as though she has to compete with Lillian's new friend Helen portrayed by Rose Byrne for the attention of the bride. Now I know this reeks of a chick flick but hear me out, this film was written in part by Wiig who is one of the greatest female cast members from SNL, so it has some clout. It's raunchy and hilarious for no matter the gender. It in my mind this movie can compete openly with 2009's The Hangover. I would love to go on about this movie but it is one that needs to be viewed and experienced cause I am not gonna do any justice to how hard I laughed my ass off.

 Now on to the beer that accompanied the evening's film. Kristen Wiig is currently at the top of a very high list of female comedy femme fatales, the quirky blonde pistol needed a beer to match. I think I had just the thing. Three Creeks Brewing outta Sisters, Oregon has a veritable line of beers to suit every situation. I had yet to try one of their beers to date but this night seemed better than any. I wisely chose the Knotty Blonde. Blondes don't always have more fun but this one did, it tasted of light hops mixed with honey and malt. A very pleasant finish leaves you wanting more when the bottle runs dry. It was lighter than how I normally take my beer but she didn't disappoint and has me ready to try the whole line that Three Creeks has to offer.

 Three Creeks Brewery Pub  
"Where we utilize only the finest ingredients available for all of our food and brewing activities, while striving to impress even the most sensitive of palates, Our menu of excellent yet casual and unpretentious pub food is served in a family-friendly, smoke-free environment that all patrons will enjoy. Our old west livery stable provides a comfortable, warm and rustic atmosphere that includes a full restaurant, 10 barrel brewing system, comfortable bar area complete with large screen TV’s and pool tables as well as a large patio for the enjoyment of our hand crafted ales."
Three Creeks Brewing Co.
721 Desperado Court
Sisters, OR 97759
11:30am - 9pm Sunday-Thursday
11:30am - 10pm Friday-Saturday

 Go check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment