Monday, October 08, 2012

Brew Free! or Die IPA

As I said I would in my first post about 21st Amendment Brewing, I have given their beer  another try, and I'm glad I did.
Brew Free! or Die IPA is a good beer. Again, the packaging is great, this time the box has a drawing of Mt. Rushmore. Could just be me but Abraham Lincoln looks as though he is about to punch George Washington right in the kisser, both Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt may have already taken one to the eye. Are you missing a tooth, Teddy? Don't get in between Abe and beer. The cans sport the same artwork as the box. This time around, I decided I wanted to drink it from a glass.  Pours a cloudy, golden color and the white head dissipated quickly, leaving a slightly carbonated beer with a caramel malt and grapefruit(?) hop flavor. As an IPA, this beer can hold it's own and at 7%, watch how many you put away, it sneaks up on you. I might drink it again and I'm now excited to try the rest of their line up.
I had second one from the can, didn't notice an appreciable difference. Can or glass, give this one a try! Or better yet, if you find it on tap, give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment